The Best Asia Liveaboard Diving Options
Updated: Oct 30, 2019
So, you have your Open Water Diver certification, possibly even your Advanced Open Water Diver and a fun few dives under your belt already, and are looking for something a bit different to do. Sound familiar? If so, then an Asia liveaboard trip could definitely be for you! Our Similan Island liveaboard and Myanmar liveaboard trips definitely tick the boxes on comfort, great value and of course some of the best dive sites in South East Asia, and offer up some amazing marine life sightings. Because of this, we have a solid base of clients that come back to us year after year for the best in Asia liveaboard diving onboard the MV. Deep Andaman Queen!
When looking at where to dive on a liveaboard trip and ideas for the best diving liveaboard destinations, there are a few factors you should bear in mind. So don’t worry if it is your first liveaboard diving trip and you are not sure where to start. We have that covered for you…
What to look for in a diving liveaboard destination?
- Ease of access – Your holiday time is precious, so you want to find a balance where you get the best liveaboard diving trip without spending days of travel on either end to get there and back.
- Value for money – Everyone wants the best bang for their hard-earned bucks, which includes all elements of your diving liveaboard trip - from the itinerary and diving itself to the comfort of the cabins, experience of the staff on board and also the food. The best liveaboard diving operators offer a package that combines all of these factors into one unforgettable experience.
- Safety – The best liveaboard diving trips tend to be in fairly remote locations, hence the need to take a liveaboard trip in the first place rather than a shore excursion or day dive. So you want to make sure your diving liveaboard operator has done their homework, preparation, and due diligence, and are adequately prepared.
- Dive sites and marine life – This bit is a no brainer. On any liveaboard trip in Asia, or indeed, worldwide, you want the best marine life and stunning dive sites to explore. Simple!
What makes our North Andaman liveaboards the best options for a diving liveaboard destination?
- Ease of access – Our Andaman liveaboard trips are incredibly easy to access, as all you need to do is get yourself to either Khao Lak or Phuket. Liveaboard bookings come with the option of transfer from either location, and Phuket especially is easy to get to, as its international airport hosts flight arrivals from Bangkok and other domestic airports, as well as Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Sydney, and a range of further international departure points.
- Value for money – We believe our North Andaman and Myanmar diving liveaboard itineraries provide exceptional value for money. We are one of the only Thailand liveaboard companies to offer excursions beyond the Burmese border, and our luxury cabins along with our amazing onboard chefs and professional, experienced dive staff, will work tirelessly to ensure you have the best possible Asian liveaboard experience!
- Safety – The MV Deep Andaman Queen operates to the highest safety standards. Our first aid kits and oxygen kits are checked and replenished regularly, we have flotation devices and emergency evacuation rafts for all passengers, and our tracking and communication devices are top of the range.
- Dive sites and marine life – We certainly have you covered here for being one of the very best liveaboard destinations worldwide! Similan Island liveaboard trips are famous for their biodiversity of marine life, with the most popular dive site being Richelieu Rock (a fixture on every single one of our Andaman liveaboard schedules). The Mergui Archipelago in Myanmar is simply stunning – over 800 islands just waiting to be discovered and dived! Black Rock is the most popular Burma dive site, where we normally spend a few dives to ensure you get to see as much as possible. Both Similan and Myanmar sites have great conditions (typically 20-30metre visibility), and a great mix of marine life including regular reef dwellers, macro critters, and of course some passing ‘big stuff’ like Whale Sharks and Manta Rays too.
Our Asia liveaboard itineraries are perfect for both seasoned dive travelers, and those on their first liveaboard trip. We love to have first-time liveaboard guests on board and introduce you to our amazing lifestyle, so don’t be nervous to join us! If you want to know a bit more about what to expect you can read about the MV Deep Andaman Queen and the best dive sites in the Similan Islands, Surin, and Myanmar online.
We hope this gives you some food for thought and makes you excited about joining us for one of the best Asia liveaboard diving experiences available! Be sure to check our website for details on the most up to date liveaboard diving deals. You can also check trip availability and book online. Alternatively, if you have more questions and would like to speak with us first, just contact our helpful staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to provide any additional information you need.